This morning, I waited patiently for my clinic to call with my fertilization report. I had to go into the clinic at 11 am anyway to get my PIO shot instructional. Before I left, they had not called and when I arrived, the nurse told me she called me and left a message. I realized they called my home number and not the cell.
Out of eight eggs retrieved from twelve follicles, only two of them fertilized. The other six were not of a quality / maturity to even fertilize.
I was given the option to do a three day transfer with the two embryos if they make it to day three or to wait and see how they develop and do a five day transfer.
I was disappointed that more eggs did not fertilize, but even with my first cycle,( twelve egg retrieved and only seven fertilized and four made it) and my second cycle (four eggs retrieved, three fertilized and three made it to blasts) I wanted to wait it out and let the strongest survive.
By waiting until Monday and doing a five day transfer, I had the option of thawing my frozen one and transferring that one with the other two, so ultimately, that is what I decided to do. I had one frozen from my first cycle and it was perfect quality and made it to day six.
So…. on Monday, I will transfer the three embryos and pray that at least two of them stick ! My mom wants me to have triplets… why, I do not know ! Two would be more than enough but hey, we beggars can not be choosers LOL. I will take whatever the good Lord wants to bring through me !
I was about to get in my feelings about only having two eggs fertilize, but then, I only really need two. I do not want to be stuck with the decision of what to do with extra embryos should I have babies in this cycle. That would be really heartbreaking to get rid of embryos.
I chose to remain positive and trust that THIS IS MY CYCLE !
As for the progesterone in oil shot, it was no where near as bad as I thought it was going to be ! Did not hurt at all when the nurse injected it ! I was really glad since I had been fearing the shot with dread.
The nurse gave me some extra needles so that I can do them myself or I can come back to the clinic to get it done. I am not going to pay $20 RT in a car service just to get the shot. I have to do this on my own. I will try to do it in the buns but if I run into problems, I can always inject my thigh. I have a prescription for Emla cream so I will fill that today and numb the area prior to injecting it. You rub the cream on an hour before injecting.
I am now back in my hotel room and just whipped up a burger and baked potato for my lunch. I put on a pot of collards earlier this morning to accompany my pan seared center cut pork chops. For some reason after my retrieval, I am always STARVING ! I ate so much food yesterday when I got back, I felt ashamed.
So now ladies, pray for my two little ones that they keep growing and dividing and that my frozen baby thaws well. Come Monday, I will be PUPO !! 🙂