2 c2 large
1. Allow meat to sit until room temperature. Generously season with pepper and kosher salt.
3. Next add a little more oil if needed and put carrots into the pan making sure everything gets a nice color as well. Remove when evenly browned and add to Crock Pot.
4. Add the last of oil and let it heat up. While oil heats, dredge beef through flour making sure it’s evenly coated.
5. Sear the meat on all sides, about a minute or two, getting a GBD (Golden Brown and Delicious) color.
6. Pull out meat and lay it on top of onions and carrots.
7. Add rosemary, thyme, and bay leaves to the Crock Pot.
8. Mix pot roast packet into 2 cups of stock and stir until well combined then add to Crock Pot. (The liquid should come up about halfway on the meat.)
9. If there is a lot of oil left in pan, dump some of it out. Add red wine to deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wisk for all those little cooked on yummy bits (that’s where a lot of flavor will come from). Reduce it by about half, then add it to the Crock Pot.
10. Set Crock Pot on high and cook for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. You can leave it on low and it will keep going or, after 4 hours on high I usually turn it down and let it go another hour.
11. Boursin Mashed Potatoes! In the last 45 min of cooking get a big pot of SALTY water boiling. Wash all of the potatoes well. Stab all over with a fork. DO NOT PEEL.
12. Add potatoes to boiling water and cook until tender (falling off the fork when stabbed)
Follow @Valeriethepajamachef on Instagram !!!