Today, I went in for what I thought would be my LAST monitoring appointment. Alas, I got the call from my nurse to continue on the same meds thru the weekend, go in for monitoring on Monday and then they should be ready to do my retrieval on Wednesday.
I had to call the hotel, call Amtrak and get an appointment for Monday for monitoring. I was able to get everything done. I decided to just stay in Albany the entire week instead of coming back to check on my mom. Since I leave on Tuesday, there is no point in my coming back on Thursday and then going right back there on Sunday for Monday’s retrieval. I actually got a $35 refund on my ticket because I changed the return date to a week out.
Currently, I have 12 large follicles and there are still some smaller ones that are growing. They want to make sure all 12 are maxed out in size before they try to do a retrieval. They are not in the range they should be yet to get me to the finish line. My E2 is now 1000, which is good and will surely rise quite a bit between now and the time they check it again on Monday.
I am a tad disappointed that I am not ready for retrieval yet, but at the same time, glad my doctor is closely monitoring me and making sure that we maximize this cycle and work to get the best possible eggs. By waiting until Wednesday to retrieve, I will have more mature eggs to work with which means better quality, stronger and will likely have more fertilized eggs.
I am in the process of mixing my meds now and will do my injection at 6pm. I let my meds sit out at room temp for 30 mins before I mix them. I am short on my Menopur since I have to stim longer. I am short 75 units per day. The doctor said I can substitute 75 units of Gonal F for the missing Menopur. WHEW !! I was about to go into total freak out mode ! lol Tomorrow I am going in for an acupuncture session and will probably do another on Monday before heading to Albany on Tuesday…. hey… it can’t hurt !