2 lbs of ground beef (I use ground sirloin)
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Onion, finely diced
4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 large soft hoagie roll – broken into pieces
1/2 cup of heavy cream or whole milk
1/4 cup of Chopped Parsley
1 cup of Parmiggiano Reggiano
2 large organic Eggs
1/2 cup sweet salad cubes
1/3 cup mustard
1/3 cup organic ketchup plus more for glazing
1 Tablespoon dry mustard
1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
1 Tablespoon cajun seasoning
Dash of Worceshire Sauce Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 small can organic tomato paste
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a sauté pan over medium heat, cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil for about 6 to 8 minutes or until soft and translucent, allow to cool completely.
3) In a small bowl, put the pieces of bread and pour the cream or milk over them, let them sit for a few minutes or until the bread soaks up all the milk.
4) In a large bowl, combine the beef, the milk soaked bread, cooked onion and garlic, parsley, parmiggiano, worcheshire sauce, tomato paste, eggs, salad cubes, mustard, ketchup, granulated garlic, dry mustard, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined but don’t over mix and compact the mixture too much otherwise your meatloaf will be tough.
5) Place a cooling rack over a baking sheet (or use a broiler pan) and place the meat mixture onto it and form it into a loaf, set aside.
6) Smear ketchup on top of the loaf.
7) Bake the meatloaf for 50 minutes, then smear more ketchup on top and put it back in the oven to bake for another 15 minutes.
(c) Valerie Renèe