Coconut Flour Lemon Pound Cake
This fluffy and soft pound cake is bursting with lemon flavor!
For the Cake
- 5 organic eggs
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 large organic lemon
- 1/2 cup plus 1 T coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 t baking soda
- Pinch Kosher salt
For the Glaze
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 2 T organic maple syrup
- 2 T lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 7.5” by 3.5” loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Add the coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Transfer to prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut butter, maple syrup, and lemon juice for the glaze. Spread on cake.
- Slice and enjoy.