- 6 organic large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups organic heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons superfine sugar
- Add 1 cup of water to the pressure cooking pot and place the trivet in the bottom.
- In a large mixing bowl with a pouring spout, whisk together egg yolks, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and vanilla.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together heavy cream, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Heat over medium heat until cream just begins to simmer.
- Whisking constantly, slowly pour the warmed cream mixture into the egg mixture whisking until well blended.
- Pour mixture into six custard cups, cover with foil, and place three on the trivet in pressure cooking pot. Add a second trivet and stack the remaining three cups.
- Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set the timer for 6 minutes. When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker and use a natural pressure release for 15 minutes and then do a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure. When valve drops carefully remove lid.
- Carefully remove the cups to a wire rack to cool uncovered. When cool, refrigerate covered with plastic wrap for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar evenly over the top of each custard. Working with one at a time, move the flame of the torch 2 inches above the surface of each custard in a circular motion to melt the sugar and form a crispy, caramelized topped.
Notes: Substitute 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves for 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.