My sweet baby girl is 30 days old today ! On Friday, she was four weeks old. I can not believe how time has flown by.
Baby girl was born weighing 4 lbs 10 oz and was 17.78 inches long. She is now 7 1/2 pounds and is is 19 inches long. She sleeps most of the time for 3-5 hour stretches at a time.
We are still supplementing with formula but she gets more breast milk than formula. I am exclusively pumping since she can’t initiate let down yet.
My milk supply seems to be improving and I am hoping that with starting Motilium, the supply will increase even more.
Body Changes Post Partum:
* down 49 pounds
*still experiencing pain in my legs and feet due to edema. My skin is rough and feels like alligator skin and I have blisters and sore knots on my legs. The swelling has gone down immensely, but I still have some swelling.
* no more green poop ! The color and texture ( I know… gross) has returned to normal.
* my boobs are smaller now that they were and flatter unless full of milk.
* I have lost my rear end! Very flat.
* periods of exhaustion come and go a lot like 1st trimester.
*my incision is nearly closed where it opened up.
* the feeling is starting to come back in my lower tummy above the incision and in my vajayjay below the incision. It feels weird !
Our mother is healing and is adjusting to being out of the hospital and her home health nurse comes out daily to repack her wound. My mom has agreed to find a home health agency at the beach so that we can leave and head out there. I am sooooo ready to go. I am glad that we missed the Hurricane Matthew and storms that follow.