My embryos are growing in a lab and awaiting Mommy to come get them and nestle them inside ! Tomorrow at 10:30 am, I have acupuncture and then at 11:30 am, Dr. Kiltz is going to transfer embryos to my womb.
Today, I got up as usual and started my injection and pill swallowing regimen. I then learned that a friend, Comedian Joe Torry is flying in to Syracuse and performing tonight at Funny Bone Comedy Club and Restaurant at Destiny USA. My mom and I went there this morning to see Will Packer and Tim Story’s new film Ride Along 2. The movie was really good. After the movie, we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner.
Tonight, I am going to go back to Destiny USA for Joe’s comedy show. It should be a lot of fun. I tried to get my mother to come along, but she has declined to go. She only likes a handful of comedians because she says they do a lot of cursing and the majority of their content is about sex or vulgar. lol
In family news, my sister who lives in North Carolina and my little mini me niece drove up to my other sister’s house in Northern Virginia/DC area for the impending birth of our niece’s baby. My niece is finally having some contractions and her mucus plug came out last night or early this morning. By the time I get back to the DC area, I will be a great-auntie ! Not sure I like that title… I am not even a mother yet…
This week is going to be a stressful one. My mother will get the results of her CT Scan on Thursday at her appointment with her Oncologist. We are praying that she gets an all clear, despite the fact that she is acting like she expects them to find something.
I would love to hear from you ladies as to what you feel I should do if I have more than two embryos tomorrow. I am torn still as to how many to transfer back. As far as I know, I have three, three day embryos. I am not sure if I should transfer two and hope for the best, or transfer all the embryos. My dilemma is, if I transfer three, then I will have no embryos left and will have to do another cycle with another donor since my current donor is no longer cycling. I do have another donor that I like, but she does not look like me and is much lighter in complexion than I. If I transfer two, then I would have one to freeze, if it is of quality to freeze, and transfer later. The only concern there is that the embryo may not be good enough to freeze and also that even if frozen, does not guarantee that it will survive the thaw.
If I transfer all three, and none of them stick, then I have to start all over again. The new donor would have to do a fresh cycle instead of a frozen one. There are no donors in the frozen bank that I like.
Why does this have to be so darned complicated? If only all of the eggs would have made embryos, then I would have two transfers worth of embryos or even three if I did two at a time. Then again, that would all depend on them making it to freeze and thawing properly.
I definitely want twins, however, I do not want triplets. My mom wants me to have triplets… not sure why that is even a thought in her head, given how she knows I have no tolerance for a lot of foolishness and just a little bit of patience. Two will be a lot of work, but I am mentally prepared for it. I just can not see myself with three kids. Whoa !
Prayers needed tomorrow and please weigh in with your thoughts ~