- 4 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Rinse meat well and pat dry. Place in a glass dish large enough to hold it. In a separate small bowl, combine the sugar, salt, cumin, pepper and cardamom. Mix well and rub liberally over the entire roast. Cover and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for indirect heat and lightly oil grate.
- Remove roast from the refrigerator and discard any juices in the dish. Rinse meat well and pat dry.
- Grill over indirect low heat for about 1 hour, or until internal pork temperature reaches 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).