- 4 large organic eggs
- 3 cups Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose organic King Arthur flour (*see note below)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons allspice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid pack organic pumpkin
- 1 cup melted unsalted organic sweet cream butter
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- You will also need 4 regular sized coffee cans for this recipe.
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray coffee cans with cooking spray. Use a pastry brush to thoroughly coat grooves in can.
- Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin, melted butter, water, vanilla, bourbon, orange zest, nuts and raisins to egg and sugar. Mix all together thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to above. Combine well.
- Fill 4 coffee cans 1/2 full with batter. Place directly on oven rack. Bake for one hour at 350°F. Remove from oven and cool, in cans, 15 minutes or until bread turns loose from can. Invert on racks and cool completely. Cut into rounds. If available, an electric knife is perfect tool for neat round.