- 5 cups torn french bread pieces
- 1 large organic sweet potato
- 3 large organic eggs
- 2 cups Horizon organic whole milk
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla bourbon extract
- 1 Tbsp. Southern Comfort Bourbon
- pinch of kosher salt
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. organic whole milk
- 1 tsp. Southern Comfort Bourbon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bourbon extract
- 1/2 tsp. grated organic vanilla bean
Rinse sweet potato and poke holes in it using a fork. Microwave for 12 minutes, until cooked through.
Peel potato and place in a large bowl. Smash using a potato masher until smooth.
Add eggs and mix using the potato masher again. Add sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir with a spoon. Add marshmallows, bourbon, 1/4 cup pecans, bread, and milk. Gently stir until combined.
Spray an 8 x 8 pan with non stick cooking spray. Add bread pudding mixture. Top with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
Bake for 55 minutes at 325 degrees.
Vanilla Sauce: Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over warm bread pudding.