- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1½ teaspoon seasoning salt or smoked salt
- 1½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- pinch of clove
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- butter and olive oil for frying
- Place ground turkey in a large bowl; set aside.
- Mix together spices.
- Add spices to ground turkey and mix until spices are evenly distributed throughout the meat.
- Mix in olive oil to add extra moisture.
- Shape turkey sausage into small patties.
- Fry up a small sample patty to test out the seasonings. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a bit of olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Place sausages into the hot skillet and cook until until browned and the middle is no longer pink.
- Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the patty.
- Be careful not to overcook or the sausages will be dry in texture.
- Let sausage drain on paper towels.
- Serve or freeze.
(c) Valerie Renèe