- 2 lbs cubed steaks (about 8 pieces) or 2 lbs round steak
- 3 (3/4 ounce) envelopes brown or au jus gravy ( you may also use beef, mushroom beef, herbed beef, mushroom)
- 1 pk Lipton Onion Cup of Soup mix
- 2 cans cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- 3 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 large sweet organic onion, sliced
- Chicken breader mix or plain flour seasoned with seasoned salt and pepper
- Seasoned salt (to liking) (1-2 tsps should be sufficient)
- Fresh ground black pepper (to liking)
- Canola oil
Heat oil in a frying pan to medium high. Season meat with seasoned salt and pepper. Dredge in the seasoned flour.
Brown the meat on both sides until golden brown and a “crust” has formed – about 3-4 minutes each side.
Place the meat in the bottom of your crockpot.
In a large bowl, put cream soup, onion cup of soup mix, and gravy packets. Add water and whisk until smooth and pour over meat in crockpot.
If you are adding onions and/or mushrooms, add them also.
Cook, on LOW, for 8 hours.