- 1 cup Guinness extra stout
- 10 tablespoons organic sweet cream salted butter
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar
- 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup organic sour cream
- 2 organic large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 8 or 9-inch springform pan with butter and line the bottom with a round of parchment paper.
2 In a large saucepan place the beer and butter. Cook over medium-high heat until the butter has melted. Add the cocoa powder and sugars and whisk together. Take off heat and allow to come to room temperature.
3 In another bowl beat together the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract until very, very well combined. Add to the butter-beer mixture and whisk together.
4 In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the beer-butter mixture and whisk together until it just comes together. Pour into the prepared pan and give the pan a few short drops onto the countertop to shake the air pockets in the batter to the surface and out of the cake. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Run a knife around the edge to separate the cake from the pan and pop the ring off the springform.
5 Spread frosting on the cooled cake and serve.
2 tablespoons Guinness Stout Beer (a little more for thinning if necessary)