I went in to see my RE at his urging after last week’s sonogram showed that the embryo was smaller than should be by a few days.
When Dr. Singer did the ultrasound yesterday, the embryo is still measuring 6 weeks 2 days, although I have had no cramping, no bleeding, nothing…
I was 8 weeks yesterday.
The nurse drew my blood and Dr. Singer suspects that my beta will have dropped since last weeks reading of 8000.
I was given the choice of scheduling a suction d&c, taking cytotex to induce an abortion, or waiting for the miscarriage to happen naturally. Needless to say, I was devastated, but at the same time, knew that there were risks of early miscarriage.
If I do a suction d&c, then the embryo will be sent off for genetic testing so that I will know what if anything was chromosomally abnormal and what the gender was.
After reading up on cytotec, a drug which makes your cervix turn to mush to induce an abortion, I am not entirely comfortable with the idea of inserting two pills in to my hoo-haw, two in my mouth, and then waiting for cramping and bleeding and the expulsion of a fetus that I am to collect in a sterile cup and stick in my fridge and take back to the doctor. NOT !
I am definitely not going to sit around and wait weeks for this to happen naturally, as I want this over so that I can move on.
Once my beta is zero, I can start stimming for another egg retrieval to freeze all embryos, but I have to wait until September to do the frozen embryo transfer.
I am left to follow my own advice given to women on the boards… brush it off and keep fighting…
My mom wants me to look into donor egg cycles to decrease the chance of this happening again. I think she was more hurt than I was…
I am going to do another egg retrieval and just go thru FETs until all the embryos are gone. If I do not have a live birth from those, then I will go to donor eggs at the end of the year.